Commissioner Fuller joined the NSW Police Force in 1987. He performed general duties and criminal investigation duties in various metropolitan stations and specialist investigative areas.
In 2002 Commissioner Fuller was promoted to the rank of Inspector and performed the roles of Duty Officer, Crime Manager and TAG Commander. Subsequently he was promoted to Superintendent in 2004 and worked in a number of positions including as Local Area Commander in the City Central LAC. He was also involved in the planning and operations of APEC in 2007 and World Youth Day in 2008. He gained experience in the Police Executive Offices as Staff Officer to the Deputy Commissioner Field Operations in 2007 and 2008.
In 2010 Commissioner Fuller was appointed to the position of Assistant Commissioner, Region Commander, Southern Region. He was subsequently appointed to the positions of Assistant Commissioner, Commander, Professional Standards Command and then to the position of Assistant Commissioner, Commander, Central Metropolitan Region. Commissioner Fuller was also the Corporate Spokesperson for Family and Domestic Violence. He also has experience acting in the positions of Deputy Commissioners Field Operations and Corporate Services.
Commissioner Fuller received the Australian Police Medal in 2009.
He holds a Graduate Diploma of Executive Leadership, and Diploma of Applied Policing and a number of diplomas and certificates in leadership and management.
Commissioner Fuller is married with 4 children.
• 1987 Kogarah General Duties/ Investigations
• 1992 City of Sydney Investigations; designated Detective 1993
• 1994 Crime Task Forces, Criminal Investigation
• 2000 Kings Cross, Detective Sergeant, Criminal Investigation
• 2002 Eastern Beaches, Inspector Duty Officer
• 2003 Ashfield Target Action Group
• 2004 Greater Metropolitan Region, Superintendent Operations Manager
• 2007 Staff Officer, Deputy Commissioner, Field Operations
• 2008 Eastern Suburbs, Local Area Commander
• 2009 City Central, Local Area Commander
• 2010 Assistant Commissioner, Commander Southern Region
• 2013 Assistant Commissioner, Commander Professional Standards
• 2014 Assistant Commissioner, Commander Central Metropolitan Region
• 2017 Commissioner of Police
• 2004 National Medal
• 2004 NSW Police Medal
• 2004 1st clasp to NSW Police Medal
• 2009 2nd clasp to NSW Police Medal
• 2009 Australian Police Medal
• 2014 National Police Service Medal
• 2014 1st clasp to National Medal
NSW Police Detective Designation Course
Graduate Certificate, Change Management, South Western Sydney Institute
Diploma Business Management, TAFE NSW
Diploma of Applied Policing, Charles Sturt University
Emergency Management Arrangements
Managing an Emergency Operation
Working in an EOC
Graduate Diploma in Executive Leadership, Australian Institute of Police Management