Refer A Child
This is the online referral form to the Kookaburra Kids program.
Please take your time to read our referral criteria, and complete the following details to the best of your knowledge. Should you require any assistance when completing this form, please phone your local Kookaburra Kids office on 1300 566 525.
- Referred child must be aged between 8 to 18 years or in Grades 3 to 12 (younger siblings can be referred, but will not be placed into the program until they meet this age requirement).
- Referred child must have a parent/caregiver or sibling with a mental illness.
- Children referred from ADF families must have a serving/ex-serving parent with a mental illness.
- We do not provide specialist mental health intervention, ongoing support, and/or intensive supervision. We are therefore unable to support children with severe and complex needs.
- Kookaburra Kids may contact the referrer and parent/caregiver for further information.
- A child’s acceptance into the program will be confirmed directly with the parent/caregiver.
- Invitations to camp and holiday activities will be emailed and posted directly to the family when offered in their area.
- Information supplied on this form will be managed sensitively.
- The young person must be eligible for camp in order to attend an activity day.
Children can be referred by:
- School Counsellors
- Mental health workers
- Family members
- Community workers