Head of Fundraising and Partnerships
Australian Kookaburra Kids Foundation is looking for a strategic and hands-on senior fundraiser to lead the fundraising team to ensure the future viability and national growth of Australian Kookaburra Kids Foundation (Kookaburra Kids).
A key responsibility of the role is to grow Kookaburra Kids national partnerships by developing strong and lasting relationships with corporate partners, government, Trusts and Foundations, Private Ancillary Funds and individual donors.
This position requires someone who is an experience and passionate business development professional with excellent interpersonal skills, who can demonstrate the ability to build valuable relationships.
Key selection criteria for this role are:
- Required: Min 3 years’ fundraising and partnership experience in the not-for-profit sector
- Preferred: CFRE or FIA Certificate of Fundraising or Degree qualified in business, fundraising or marketing related disciplines.
- Passion for the nature of Kookaburra Kids work and a willingness to engage authentically with it
- High level of relationship management skills including pipeline management and the proven ability to establish and maintain corporate partner relationships
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, influencing, negotiation and professional networking skills
- Demonstrated experience developing and delivering high quality pitches, funding submission and presentations to major corporations
- Strong interpersonal skills, including building effective relationships, positive interaction and effective problem solving
- Current drivers licence – travel is a requirement of this position.
To view our position description, please download it here.
Email [email protected] with CV and cover letter addressing the selection criteria.
Application closing date: 31/07/2018
Bus Supervisor – CASUAL / NSW – CARINGBAH
Kookaburra Kids are seeking enthusiastic bus supervisors to support Kookaburra Kids whilst getting transported to and from weekend camps. Camps run throughout the year in numerous locations across NSW supporting kids from 8-18yrs of age. Bus Supervisors are more than welcome to attend the whole camp but this is not compulsory. Those wishing to stay for the whole camp to continue supporting the kids are required to attend further Kookaburra Kids training.
We are looking for adults 21 years and over from all walks of life. Bus Supervisors do not have to have any experience in mental health but are required to undertake the Kookaburra Kids volunteer recruitment process including National Crim Check and Working with Children Check. The role would suit an individual who has a passion for the Kookaburra Kids cause who is reliable and organised and has the ability to relate to kids and have fun!
- Ensuring you are at the specified pick up location at required time (Friday afternoon)
- Marking children off the roll when at pick up location
- Providing spare copies of permission forms to parents and passing on signed copies to program coordinator
- Collecting specified medication from children/parents
- Supervising children on the bus, ensuring safety rules are followed during trip
- Supervising kids on return journey from camp (Sunday afternoon)
- Acquiring parent/guardian signature when children are picked up
- Regular and clear communication with Program Co-ordinator prior to camp, during journey to camp and on return journey
- Must have mobile phone with credit and the ability to take and send photos to the program coordinator
- Good communicator
- Common-sense attitude
Via the link on Indeed or email [email protected] with CV and cover letter addressing the selection criteria.