Human Resources Coordinator
Do you have a passion for people and HR processes? Reporting to the General Manager, you will be responsible for providing effective HR administrative assistance in the Operations team, using your strong organisational skills and the ability to work efficiently independently.
This is a permanent full-time position working Monday to Friday from 09.00am – 5.00pm.
Your major responsibilities will include:
- Co-ordinate the recruitment and on-boarding of new talent – you will work with the hiring manager on the end to end recruitment of talent. Includes screening interviews, organizing of selection boards, reference checking and communication with candidates.
- Ensure the on-board process for new starters is seamless and prepared for a positive introduction to system, processes and the culture of the organization.
- Develop and co-ordinate all WHS activities to raise awareness including procedures, communication and consultation. Including the maintenance of WHS related forms, templates and procedures.
- Co-ordinate the Performance and Review Program working closely with Managers and team members.
- All other duties relating to HR and administration such as providing support and assistance to operations including coordination of award programs, employment letters, travel bookings, filing and data entry, ordering stationery, raising purchase orders, reconciling and validating supplier invoices and arranging recharges as required.
Competencies and Experience Required:
- Experience of recruitment and staff training including onboarding process
- Exceptional administrative skills, meticulous detail and record keeping capability
- Knowledge of HR legislation and regulations including (but not limited to) modern awards (SCHADS), National Employment Standards, Fair Work Act, workplace, Workplace Health and Safety Act.
- Tertiary qualification in Human Resources and/or extensive experience in Human Resources in a similar capacity.
- Interest in the NGO sector, particularly youth mental health
- Experience using online HR systems such as HR Assured (HRA Cloud).
As the successful candidate you are a highly organised and pro-active team player with an eye for detail. Customer focused, you are experienced in coordinating and monitoring multiple tasks simultaneously and possess exceptional interpersonal and time management skills.
Previous experience in administration role in a corporate environment is favourable whilst advanced Computer skills, in particular Microsoft Office, and a genuine interest in developing people and culture are essential.
Via [email protected] with CV and cover letter addressing how you meet the skills and criteria by 5pm Thursday 31st August 2017
Northern Territory Coordinator
We are seeking an enthusiastic and energetic person to fill the role of NT Coordinator and become part of our passionate team.
The primary aim of this position is to oversee the organisational process for incoming referrals of kids aged 8-18 years from NT as well as coordinate the AKKF Volunteer Recruitment process. The role will be a 12 months contracted full time position, with possibility of an extension – based in Darwin.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Build and maintain effective relationships with collaborators and referral channels in Defence and
- Develop and implement the marketing plan to generate referrals and volunteers for the programs
and activities, which will include face-to- face presentations and media interviews;
- Respond to inbound inquiry calls and complete the intake process for young people;
- Maintain communication with kids and parents/guardians prior to camp, follow-up of general
program information and the logistics;
- Ensure that background and medical details of each participant is recorded in the AKKF database;
- Ensure accurate data collected into AKKF database(s) and utilisation of communication tracking
within the database;
- Coordinate the AKKF volunteer recruitment process, onboarding and training as well as the
recognition which improves retention rates;
- Collect data to measure success/benefits of AKKF volunteer program and monitor trends using the
- Provide monthly statistical data and report to Manager;
- Create post-activity volunteer stories for newsletters /website and annual report;
- Provide general leadership, guidance and two direct reports and volunteers.
Essential experience or skills
1. Excellent communicator and confident presentation skills
2. Managing stakeholders including Defence organisations, inter-agencies and schools
3. Worked with young people and mental health consumers
4. Engaging, coordinating and supporting large teams of volunteers.
5. Good analytical skills and intermediate knowledge of using computer systems and databases including the use of a CRM database.
1. Qualification in a relevant discipline (business, management, HR)
2. Knowledge and interest in the NGO sector, particularly youth mental health
3. Previous experience collaborating with Defence organisations will be highly advantageous
1. Excellent communication, interpersonal, written and oral skills
2. Exceptional attention to detail, organisational and time management skills
3. Ability to monitor personal workload and manage own time.
4. Ability to foster internal and external relationships with key stakeholders
5. Ability to promote a strong, positive work culture
Via [email protected] with CV and cover letter addressing how you meet the skills and criteria by 12pm Monday, 25 September 2017.